A SUMMARY OF CLUSTER SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE CONCEPT BY THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
I am not against the whole concept of cluster school. Really. Why do I have to? Instead, I think it is a brilliant idea. But no one could have ever thought the miseries that would bring to the teachers and the students if full autonomy have been given to a principal who misuses it.
If you don’t get me, I am saying that the pricipal is making me feel sick with this title. I have said, I am not against the new system. I am proud of the system and I am indeed glad that I am the pioneer batch of this cluster school of excellence. But I am sick with how my principal manage the school after being given this title.Everyone in my school, including me would pretty agree that Mr Peter Yii wants the best out of his students and teachers. But the way he is enforcing the new things, make everyone retaliate at this point of time. I am pretty grateful having a good principal like him- who guides us not only during our secondary school level but more than that. And the coaching he has given to us about moral values, about behaviour and being a student with confidence. I am so thankful.
All I would ask for is that he implement the changes slowly and not being so drastic. You may never know about all the new things he has implement on us after us being declared a cluster school of excellence. Have you ever cared about how your teachers and students feel?
Here are some new things after Cluster School of Excellence:
1. Ujian Pengesanan is a waste of time. This dear principal of mine has decided to have Ujian Pengesanan every month. You might have asked what this is all about? This Ujian Pengesanan thingy is where each subject teacher gives us 4 essays and 4 structured questions with the model answer at the beginning of the month. And at the end of every month, students have to stay back from 2-3 and 2 essays and 2 structured questions are tested. We have to basically write back what we have look through or memorise. Don’t you think it is a waste of time? It is not done during the class hours but after class hours. Why force all of us to get 70 marks and above. If we don’t get 70 marks and above, we will get 2 strokes of cane and we have to re-sit the same paper until we pass with 70. Isn’t it ridiculous? Imagine if we get less than 70 for all the subjects. count for yourself how many canes we are to get? You are basically caning us for our stupidity!
2. Caning from the principal makes me sick! Imagine you go t0 school with fear everyday? The principal enters your class every single day without fail to cane those students who were absent the day before without letter. Damnit! We are 17 and you want to cane us? And all the reports the teacher writes into the class diary, we get the canes from him as well. Is he crazy? He does that to the whole school.. Imagine it? Don’t you feel the fear in me. You can’t blame me. You have used the cane way too much. Basically, we get cane for the smallest mistake we make.
3. Stop encouraging the teachers to give extra class. We are all appealing for shorter school hours and here you are, asking the teachers to lengthen it. WTF? I am tired enough to stay till 2pm almost everyday. What more do you want? And skipping our lunch because of class? It is pure torturing!
4. The teachers are also complaining-every single one of them. The principal is pressuring all of the teachers to improve in their teaching, don’t be late for class, check their books every week (as if we are kindergaten students), and asking the Ketua Bidang to do random inspection on books and class. Teachers too teach with fear now. They no longer give you that smile to assure you that things will be alright, instead, they will give you the fierce faces which just annoys me and take my mood away.
5. Stop giving teachers their targets! Each teacher have been set targets for the classes they teach. For example, 18 people to get Sejarah 1A in SPM for 5/O. Isn’t that ridiculous? If he/she doesnt achieve, they will have to see HIM for some scoldings!
6. Saturday classes. Are you crazy? Most of the Saturday’s you have asked us to come to school for class. What more do you want? It is Saturday! Get a life!
7. The principal should stop coming into the class suddenly and cane everyone when it is noisy.. The innocent will also get it!
There are so many more new things in the school. Before you come for us, look at you damn self! You have cane almost the whole school and it is undeniable that you are very good at caning because it really really do hurts. It makes me start to hate this cluster school concept. It is so pressuring and everyone is going crazy. Can we jsut have some fun in school like we use to have? Give us some time. Don’t rush in implementing so many things! We are no robots. We want you to know we also want the best possible results. Stop coming after us and chasing us like crazy..
Why must I always be the guinea pigs for the governments? I just dislike it!
I really wonder what steps are VI, SAB and CBN taking! We have took so many steps to ensure we are one of the top. I mean to remain one of the top premier centenary school in the country.
I am sorry for putting up my last 2 posts without the consent of tht 2 person. I really am. It was what I felt but I never intend to hurt you guys. You know how much I care and how much I love.
To BL: Thank you so much. I know you have been trying since that day. I can see it in all your messages. I hope things will last. You will always have a place in my heart. The scars are there but I pray, 1 day it will all be gone… =) Although you seldom take initiative, but at least you are responding.. and taking a little initiative.
To ‘buaya’: You know my heart. I don’t have to go on further… =) You have been a great blessing. Love ya!
To SC: You too will have a place in my heart. A significant part. I do hope you know. No matter how down you are feeling, I will always be there- to hear and to help you up. Trust me. This is my promise for you. Hope you are feeling better…
I know I have been a bit rude in my last few posts too, I am sorry.
SELFLESS TO SELFISH
Sometimes, I don’t know when I am to be selfish and when I am to be selfless. I somehow thinks that I have been selfless way too many time. Enduring everything and anything that is given to me and doing everything for people. Letting people get the fame and I do the job just piss me off at times. Prolly I should not be selfless anymore and I should learn to be selfish. I don’t know…
SOLD OUT CONCERT
Anyone going? I am still promoting it again…
Album: Sold Out
Launch Concert dates: 28th and 29th April at 7pm
Date Venues: 28th at ECF Puchong and 29th at KDU Auditorium
Ticket pricing: RM35 inclusive of 1 free cd and 1 bonus dvd.
All proceeds go to the charity.
ST JOHN’S INSTITUTION, KL CERIATHON 2007
If you want to donate to SJI for it’s Ceriathon- please do so, contact me!
If you are giving mroe than RM 200, your name would be on a speacial board and would be hang in the school forever as long as the building is still there.
Please give generously especially Johannians out there! Your alma mater needs money!
The target is RM 80,000.00 this round.
Once a Johannian, Always a Johannian
FIDE ET LABORE!
By principle and hardwork =)